Ushering a new era in power generation in the district of Peddapally, Telangana State:
First Ultra Super critical unit (800 MW) of Telangana Project (2X800MW) synchronised to grid on March 24, 2023. The unit is being stabilised gradually.
Commissioning of various auxiliary equipment and systems viz., boiler and turbine auxiliaries, coal handling system, ash handling system, water system, electrical system, etc., is under process, for sustained operation of the unit.
This efficient and environment-friendly unit is coming up with the following unique features:
- Once thru Boiler with Ultra super Critical Parameters & improved efficiency (Cycle efficiency: 42%)
- Unified Control System and Control room
- Gas Insulated Substation (GIS)
- Installation of Roof top solar on all plant buildings
- HCSD (High concentrated Slurry Disposal) system for water conservation
- FGD (Flue Gas De-sulphurisation) for SOx reduction