- NOT READY TO ADJUST
Basically Marriage is a union between two different persons of opposite gender, who have diverse personality. Both are totally different. So, adjustment becomes most important factor to accomodate differences. But none of them is ready to adjust, which is leading to conflicts.
- LACK OF TRUST
Trust is the foundation for any relationship and marriage is no exception to that. Today, in this instant and fast culture decisions are taken instantly without considering all factors. Adding to this, today relationships are based on attraction and it is becoming one reason for extra marital affairs. Hence, this causes mistrust between couples.
- NO QUALITY TIME
Today, in search of jobs and standard living, youth is migrating to urban cities. Both of them are job holders. For one career is important. For other , relation is important. Here major difference arises. Secondly, post working hours Female(Wife) has to take care of household chores daily, which becomes one reason for her physical stress. Male(Husband) is not ready always to share the work. So, these reasons are enough to create a dispute between each other. And because of improper timing of work, both can’t spend quality time to know each other better.
- INTERFERNCE OF PARENTS.
In second half of 20th century, marriages used to happen, just based on the name and fame of family. Couple used to not even see each other before marriage. But, today, everything is transparent. And interference of parents of both the sides have increased and technology also play a role here, as everyone have easy access to get in touch with each other. This is distorting the privacy and becoming one reason for conflicts between couple.
- PREFERENCE TO BEAUTY AND STATUS RATHER THAN COMPATIBILITY.
Today, youth are more inclining towards luxurious life style and artificial livelihood. They are giving more preference to tangible things and importance is given to external beauty, wealth, property and status. COMPATIBILITY & MINDSET is not cross checked. Family Background is not being discussed. And youth are also not clear about their interests. They are confused between their choices as to whether career/ dream must be their priority or their self interests. So, this confusion coupled with lack of compatibility is another reason which is creating distance between couples.
- IRREGULAR LIFESTYLE & SEXUAL DISORDERS.
Today, the youth have no proper timing or schedule of their daily tasks. Pub and party culture is on boom. When one live with family, their timing becomes incompatible with family timings. And this creates unnecessary ruckus between op family members and the frustration is then shown on partners. At the same time, today this fastfood culture is deteriorating the health of both male and females. It is creating an imbalance in hormones which Is further leading to sexual disorders in either of them. This is also leading to stress and then conflicts between couples.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST – NO INDIVIDUAL PRIVACY & NO FREEDOM When it comes to privacy, every individual also needs privacy and freedom, as we all are social animals and freedom is the basic attribute within all of us and we all crave to achieve it. But, when one is in relationship, when one gets married, somewhere this freedom gets diluted. Individual privacy is tarnished. Despite that, if both the partners understand each other and mark their LAKSHMAN REKHA and clearly define their boundaries that will help each other to go together and grow together. Respecting each other’s privacy, each other’s thoughts and views, and giving them their freedom becomes so prominent for happy relationship. But unfortunately, this is missing.
- So these are seven reasons which is leading to increase in divorce rate in our country and deteriorating the sanctity of institution of Marriage, which is foundation for a happy family and for a happy nation.
- I wish youth give time to understand one self better and then understand each other’s desires, emotions and respect each other at every stage, so that we can reduce divorce rates and create a happy nation together.